(HealthDay News) -- An EpiPen is an injection device containing epinephrine, which is used to treat severe allergic reactions, says the University of North Carolina.
Latest Allergies News
UNC offers this advice on using an EpiPen:
- Remove the device from its clear carrier tube.
- Hold it in your fist with the orange tip pointing downward.
- With your other hand, remove the blue safety release by pulling up.
- Hold the leg firmly in place while administering.
- Swing and push firmly until it "clicks." Hold for 3 seconds.
- Remove the EpiPen.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Health Tip: How to Use an EpiPen, Source:http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=222652