(HealthDay News) -- Riding on the subway alone, especially at off hours, can be a nerve-wracking experience.
To help you stay out of harm's way, Hunter College suggests:
- Keep purses and backpacks secure at all times.
- Do not display money or jewelry in public places.
- Never carry a wallet in your back pocket.
- Be suspicious of anyone approaching you.
- When traveling at off hours, ride in cars with a conductor.
- When waiting for a train late at night, stand in a safe spot.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Health Tip: Staying Safe on the Subway, Source:http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=222845