Drinking milk is beneficial for overall health. Some people drink full cream milk, while some people consider toned milk to be more beneficial. But what is the truth? Let's read in this article!
We always blame the full-cream milk, whenever we put on some weight or belly fat! But do you think full-vream milk is the real reason behind it? The answer is 'no'. You will be surprised to know that full-cream milk is emerging as a healthy alternative in comparison to toned milk.
Why do we drink toned milk?
During the 1990s, nutrition experts and health professionals advised people to cut fat from their diet, which included milk and other dairy products. Due to which more and more people started to opt for low fat and fat-free dairy products. After this, manufacturers of dairy products started mixing artificial ingredients and sugar in their products so that people could get a better taste. As a result, we started the following other products coming in the market:
Also read: Sugarcane Juice Benefits: From Fighting, Diseases To Weight Loss
- flavored milk
- sweet curd
- mishti doi
- cottage cheese
Fat-free and skim milk are not satisfactory as well as fat-free yogurt is full of added sugars and they also deny health benefits from full-fat (full-cream) dairy products. When people focus on reducing fat, they start eating more refined carbs and sugar as an alternative, which has several health risks.
Some Surprising Facts
Also Read: 5 Best Foods To Help Fatty Liver Reversal
- Full-fat dairy products can help you to meet your weight loss goals. We know your first reaction, 'unbelievable'. But it's true. A ten-year-long study on 18,000 middle-aged women with healthy weight found that women who consumed more milk and full-fat dairy products would have more weight and chances of obesity compared to the other women, who did not consume full-fat dairy products.
- Another study published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that daily consumption of full cream milk increased the level of the participant's HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol), whereas women with toned milk were not able to get these benefits. Some other studies have found that the children who drink full cream milk had better levels of vitamins than the rest of the children (who drink low-fat milk). Researchers also found that the fat found in the milk helps the body to absorb more vitamin D.
- Don't be afraid of healthy fat. If you are one of those, who believe in avoiding dairy products with full cream, then you have to reconsider your thought.
- Dairy products with organic full cream milk have an added benefit of omega 3 fatty acids, which helps to maintain weight management and control the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Like any other foodstuff, the overdose of dairy products is not good. Only if you can digest dairy products properly, you can take it three times a day in the form of milk, curd or cheese.
- Milk and other dairy products are an amazing source of calcium. And women should know that they require at least 1,000 milligrams of calcium a day.
- If you cannot digest lactose or the natural sugar in milk, then you can opt for lactose-free dairy products. You can choose greek yogurt, which is very low in lactose. And there is no lactose in 'paneer' (cheese) too. It can be eaten by people who have any type of problem with lactose.
- If you have problems with lactose, do not consume full cream milk.
- Also, if you are on the diet, avoid taking full cream milk.
- Apart from this, others can comfortably eat it.
- Studies have found that traditional cow's milk, consists of polyunsaturated fatty acids, omega 3 fats, vitamin E, and iron.
Read more at Healthy Diet
Written by: Tavishi Dogra
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jul 24, 2019
Toned Milk Vs Full-Cream Milk! Know Some Lesser Known Facts About Them, Source:http://www.onlymyhealth.com/toned-milk-vs-full-cream-milk-know-some-lesser-known-facts-about-them-1563946160