If you are someone who have sinus problem, try these at-home sinus massages for effective relief. These are simple and supremely effective.
To begin with, what is sinus pain? This is a common issue that usually crops up due to seasonal changes or a common cold. At times, it may make you feel lousy and irritated. The intensity of the pain varies from person to person as it does get unbearable to some people at times. People generally prefer taking prescription medicines to ease sinus discomfort. However, if you wish to try something safe and new, consider sinus massage. This is one of the effective home remedies which are found to help relieve sinus pain and/or congestion. Though you are required to do it several times to make it work.
3 Massage techniques
All it takes are your fingers and some minutes to conduct these effective massage treatments. Massage the sinus that's bothering you and you'll see an effective decrease in the pain.
1. Frontal sinus massage
This targets the frontal sinuses which are located at the center of your forehead. Here are the steps to do this massage:
- First, rub your hands and warm them.
- Put both your index and middle fingers on any one side of the forehead, right above the eyebrows.
- Massage gently in a circular motion, start from the center moving to the temples.
- Massage for around 30 seconds.
2. Ethmoid/Sphenoid sinus massage
Ethmoid sinuses are found in the ethmoid bone which separates the brain and nasal cavity. Sphenoid sinuses, on the other hand, are located in the sphenoid bone on the sides of the skull, right behind the nose and in between the eyes.
- Put both of your index fingers on the bridge of your nose.
- Firmly press the area between the corner of the eyes and nasal bone for about 15 seconds.
- Now stroke in the downward direction along the sides of your nose.
- Repeat the downward strokes for around 30 seconds.
Also read: Balinese massage: Technique and Benefits Of This Relaxing Therapy
3. Maxillary sinus massage
Maxillary sinuses are found below the cheeks or either side of the nose but above the teeth. Amongst the four sinuses, they're the biggest.
- Put the index and middle fingers on either side of the nose or the area between the upper jaw and cheekbones.
- Massage gently in a circular motion for around 30 seconds.
You can do all of these sinus massages multiple times until you get relief. You can also do other home remedies for sinus along with this for better results. Try steam inhalation or warm compresses until your sinuses feel relieved from congestion. You can also combine sinus massage with other home remedies like warm compresses or steam inhalation, for added relief.
Also read: 5 Smart Ways To Deal With Negative People And Stay Positive
Does Sinus Massage Provide Long-Term Relief?
Well, some research support that massaging does help a lot in easing pain and pressure caused due to sinus. A good gentle massage better the blood circulation in the area which helps in treating nasal congestion. In some cases, facial massage also helped in decreasing sinus discomfort. However, these massages are to be done regularly to prevent sinus from building up again. Only then you'll receive satisfactory results.
Read More on Mind and Body
Sinus Relief: 3 Massage Techniques to Effectively Relieve Sinus Pain, Source:http://www.onlymyhealth.com/sinus-relief-3-massage-techniques-to-relieve-sinus-pain-1566976662