Classical Pilates is not everyone's cup of tea; one needs to demonstrate love consistently, commitment, integrity and belief for this work to continue the legacy of Joseph Pilates.
Classical Pilates is a disciplined movement practice that completes the coordination of body, mind and spirit. This method focuses on an intensive understanding of the human musculoskeletal system to achieve a personalized full mind and body workout with no strain or injury. Through a series of precise, controlled movements, this exercise regime targets all muscle groups in the body while working on Posture, Functionality and Flexibility.
Classical Pilates is designed to strengthen, lengthen and restore the body's balance, and it is not much about building a strong core or a perfect posture. It promotes the overall development of the body, corrects wrong postures, restores physical vitality, invigorates the mind and elevates the spirit. The exercises are performed on Spring Assisted apparatus. The springs offer both support and resistance depending on the Practitioner's requirement. Pilates as a movement practice not only strengthens the body but also helps to heal and relax the body.
Also Read: Alia Bhatt's Weight Loss of 16 Kgs in 3 Months: Get Inspired from Her Workout and Diet Regime
Classical Pilates was mainly used as a rehabilitative practice, the stringent fundamentals used in this regime promote the overall development of the body thereby making it as a go-to complementary practice to support a wide range of other activities. Classical Pilates can be practised by all regardless of age, mobility or fitness levels. Regular practitioners are bound to feel a heightened sense of awareness and ease in their bodies, experience less pain and increased mobility. This freedom ultimately leads to an improved quality of life.
- It is this holistic approach that sets Pilates apart from many other forms of exercise.
- Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, General Medical Practitioners and Chiropractors recommend Pilates as one of the most effective and safest forms of exercise today.
Why is Classical Pilates different from other forms of Pilates?
- There are endless adaptations of Pilates that is currently offered at Studio's and Gyms all over, but Classical Pilates is the authentic form or the purist version of Pilates. Classical Pilates stays faithful to the original teachings of Joseph Pilates.
- In terms of how Classical Pilates stands apart from other Contemporary forms is when elements from the Classical style is borrowed and incorporated with other newer techniques and methods. The different types of Pilates have modernized their exercises by creating variations and is also heavily influenced by bio-mechanics.
- In the Classical method, there is a sequence and levelling to work done whereby the body goes through a full range of movement. The series builds intelligently with foundational exercises at the beginning and more complex ones as the practitioner gains strength and control.
- In Classical Pilates, the exercises are practised with a flow, and it is essential to move from one activity to another seamlessly using transitions. These transitions between exercises are also built around the Pilates Principles of (Breath, Concentration, Control, Centering, Focus, Precision and Flow).
- Besides, Classical Pilates Teachers are required to go through a rigorous certification program which is of the highest quality in the industry. They need to train and intern under Teachers who are within the lineage of Joseph Pilates. They also need to complete a minimum of 450 hours of training & internship on all pieces of apparatus and props that were initially being used by Joseph Pilates.
(With inputs from Kavita Prakash Principal Instructor & Founder of Pilates for Well Being)
Read more articles on Exercise And FitnessDisclaimer
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers' discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.
Classical Pilates: Know-How Is It Different From Others Forms Of Pilates, Source:http://www.onlymyhealth.com/classical-pilates-training-know-how-is-it-different-from-others-forms-of-pilates-1571548762