Food scales often get a rep as a dieting tool—which they are, and for good reason—but they're also an essential for more exciting culinary pursuits. Like, for example, precisely measuring flour so your holiday cookies are the talk of the office this year. (Take that, Linda.) Or if you want to measure out coffee for a pour-over that's absolute perfection. Interest piqued? Consider the Etekcity Digital Food Scale, which epitomizes bang for your buck.
Etekcity Digital Food ScaleEtekcity amazon.com $18.99
$8.95 (53% off)
- Made from food-grade stainless steel, this scale is durable, easy to store, and a cinch to clean.
- Features an easy-to-use tare function with a clear backlit display.
- Grips on the bottom keep it stable while in use.
- It can weigh up to 11 lbs. and has a .04oz/1g graduation.
- The settings let you switch between ounces, grams, milliliters, and pounds, while also featuring water and milk volume measurement modes.
- The scale operates with 2AAA batteries (included) and lets you know when it's running low.
- Etekcity offers a free replacement within one year if your scale malfunctions plus lifetime support.
Maybe you're thinking: "But I already have measuring cups and teaspoons! Isn't owning a scale redundant?" To that, we counter with a fact seasoned bakers already know: Food scales allow you to get hyper-specific—a necessity for recipes that require finely-tuned kitchen chemistry.
"If you cook and bake a lot like we do, the scale helps achieve an accurate measurement. It's super convenient when a recipe calls for an ingredient in grams and you don't have the tools to measure, this scale is simple to use and accurate," said one happy Amazon reviewer.
On top of that, your scale is a one-stop measuring shop that cuts down on cleanup. As for our favorite non-food application from another Amazon customer: "Bought this scale to weigh my litter of puppies. It's fantastic so far. I just put a plate on it, tare the plate, and then set a puppy on it. Works like a charm. Plus it's very nice looking. Great for the kitchen if that's what you're buying it for." (For pictures of the puppy weighing in action, scroll to the review on the product page. #WorthIt.)
Like what you just read? You'll love our magazine! Go here to subscribe. Don't miss a thing by downloading Apple News here and following Prevention. Oh, and we're on Instagram too.
This Digital Food Scale Has 9,000+ Amazon Reviews and Is 53% Off Today, Source:https://www.prevention.com/food-nutrition/a29427139/etekcity-electric-food-scale-amazon-sale/