Luckily, iodine deficiency is natural to prevent. Here we are telling you that how adding a dash of iodized salt to your main meals should help you meet your requirements.
The lack of iodine in the daily diet (iodine deficiency) - may result in metabolic problems among a host of other such health issues. A global issue especially for fertile and pregnant women, iodine deficiency, can lead to difficulties in neurodevelopment among offsprings. The defect is found mainly in areas where no marine foods are eaten, or the mountainous regions. Ayurveda has the treatment for all the problems or health issues happening because of this deficiency. The ages-old healthcare practice calls for the use of natural products in diets to ensure that the required level of iodine is consumed.
- Enlargement of the thyroid gland is referred to as Goitre, which results in swelling of the throat. Usually painless if it becomes too large can start causing difficulty in swallowing and breathing.
- Herbs like Dhania and jeera Siddha jala help in better recovery from swelling that is sometimes seen in some cases of thyroid problems.
- Avoid eating raw vegetables in raw form, especially Kale, Brussels sprouts, Broccoli and Cauliflower.
- Lack of Vitamin D in the body can also trigger thyroid problems; hence, exposure to early morning sun is an excellent way to treat the deficiency.
- An early morning outdoor exercise also stimulates thyroid glands, boosts immunity and regulates calcium metabolism in the body. Apart from this, it is best to avoid all forms of processed sugar in thyroid problems.
It is studied that Iodine deficiency is linked with increased risk of some cancers which have thyroid hormones receptors, such as:
- thyroid and
According to Ayurveda, herbs such as:
- Bhunimb (Andrographis paniculata)
- Shunthi, and
- Keshar helps in fighting and preventing the growth of cancerous cells in the body.
Substantial limitations in presenting the functioning result in Mental retardation. It mainly starts before the age of 18 and is characterised significantly by communication. Herb such as Brahmi (Water hyssop) is useful in psychiatric disorders which help in improving the intelligence.
Also Read: Treat Indigestion and Boost Immunity With Ghee, Turmeric And Black Pepper
- Iodine deficiency can also result in an unexpected weight gain. It occurs when the body doesn't have enough iodine to create thyroid hormones. Since thyroid hormones help control the speed of the metabolism, which is the process by which the body converts food into energy and heat.
- This wellness system does not focus on short-term gains, so there is no need to starve or unrealistically limit the variety of foods to enjoy. Ayurveda emphasises on making clear principles that can not only help you lose weight but also encourage the overall healthy body.
- The increase in fat tissues tends to block all the channels in the digestive system, which further lead to weight gain. Ayurveda suggests some herbal drinks such as Guggul, Triphala and Punarnava along with a healthy diet and exercises to lose weight and cut stubborn belly fat.
(Inputs By Mohammad Yusuf N Shaikh, Founder, Kudrati Ayurved)
Read More on AyurvedaDisclaimer
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers' discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.
World Iodine Deficiency Day 2019: Ayurvedic Treatment For Iodine Deficiency, Source:http://www.onlymyhealth.com/world-iodine-deficiency-day-ayurvedic-treatment-for-iodine-deficiency-1571550174