This pandemic is much more than a health crisis. It requires a whole-of-government & society response.
On the first day of the New Year, when everyone was engulfed in celebration, a warning of the new deadly virus was born in China and it turned into a pandemic that was unabated all over the world. China officially revealed that the virus had spread from the open meat market of Wuhan (with a population of 1.1 million). In 100 days, the number of patients from Corona has crossed 1.6 million worldwide and more than 95 thousand people have died.
- 01 January - Wuhan's Meat Market: Wuhan's meat and the fish market closed. News of mysterious disease went viral in China's social media. Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore first began screening.
- 09 January - Novel Coronavirus Identification: Chinese scientists identified a new coronavirus distinct from SARS, MARS. Death of 61-year-old patient in Wuhan.
- 13 January - First case outside China: The first case was found in Thailand outside China. China said that there are no signs of infection from human to human. Hundreds of cases were found in a week.
- 20 January - Infection amongst humans: China admitted that infection spread among humans. Dissemination in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangdong. The first case in the US, Japan and South Korea.
- January 24 - Lockdown in Wuhan: Lockdown announced in Wuhan. Over 800 cases and 25 deaths revealed. Novel coronavirus reached France.
- 31 January - First patient in India: The first patient appeared in India, Britain, Spain and Italy. Italy, Spain said that there is no threat to us. 11,258 died in China. America banned China travellers.
- February 4: There were a total of 20,000 patients and 425 deaths in China. The first death outside China occurred in the Philippines. Death of Whistleblower Doctor Li Wenliang. American scientists warned Trump that the disease would go away as the heat progressed.
- February 19 - South Korea church: In South Korea, an infected woman arrived at a church crowded with 1200, causing a flood of cases. The virus reached Iran.
- 25 February - Danger bell worldwide: 80 thousand cases reached in the world. There were 11 deaths in Italy and quarantine enforced in Bergamo. More than 50 deaths raged in Qom, Iran. On his tour to India, Trump again said, America is safe.
- 06 March - Deaths increased six times in Italy: In Italy, deaths increased six times in six days, ten thousand cases occurred. The first death from infection in Britain, but PM Boris Johnson said he would continue to shake hands.
- March 11 - COVID-19 pandemic declared: With WHO declaring an epidemic, one lakh sixteen thousand cases in the world and one thousand cases in America. Markets rolled out in the US, UK and India. 168 deaths a day in Italy. Britain's denial of social distancing.
- March 17 - Europe's borders sealed: European countries sealed borders. France declared a war-like situation. There were 17 thousand cases in Spain.
- 22-23 March: There was a public curfew in India on 22 March. Lockdown after 6600 cases in Britain. Lockdown in India from 24 March (12 PM-midnight). In New York, 20 thousand patients were found in America. Lockdown in half the world by the end of March. 3 lakh 70 thousand patients in the world.
Today marks 100 days since @WHO was notified of the first cases of what we now call #COVID19 in 🇨🇳— Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus (@DrTedros) April 9, 2020
Over 1.3M people have been infected & almost 80K have lost their lives.
This pandemic is much more than a health crisis. It requires a whole-of government & society response. pic.twitter.com/QGMQn5KqSj
- 02 April - 50 thousand deaths: There were more than 10 lakh patients in the world and more than 50 thousand deaths. There were 2069 total patients in India. 950 deaths in a single day in Spain. The figure of 2.5 million cases and deaths reached six thousand in America.
- 08 April - 99th day: The condition of infected British PM Boris Johnson became critical. 6500 deaths occurred worldwide on April 4. On April 8, the total cases crossed 13 lakh and the death toll crossed 75 thousand.
A lesson for the whole world
- The big countries of the world did not take drastic measures together
- A large gathering in churches, mosques and cruise deteriorated the situation
- WHO delayed the declaration of the epidemic
- 60% of the global population imprisoned in homes due to lockdown
- Fear of major economic slowdown in the world since 1930
- No new drug or vaccine developed yet
- Effect of hydroxychloroquine or other medicines
95,080 people died in the world, 15.92 lakhs infected: The global pandemic Coronavirus (COVID-19) has caused 95,080 deaths and 15,92,036 people have been infected. COVID-19 has spread to 205 countries and regions. So far, 3.53 lakh people worldwide have been cured of this virus.
Read More in Health NewsDisclaimer
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers' discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.
100 Days Of Coronavirus Havoc: Over 1.3 Million People Infected, Approx 85,000 Lost Lives, Source:http://www.onlymyhealth.com/100-days-of-coronavirus-havoc-millions-of-people-infected-thousands-lost-lives-1586513292