Be sure to check out these other pumpkin recipes to try this fall.
Spiced Pumpkin Bread Spiced Pumpkin Bread
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|1large loaf (12 slices)||15minutes||1hour + 10 minutes|
|1large loaf (12 slices)||15minutes|
|1hour + 10 minutes|
Servings: large loaf (12 slices)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line a 23 x 13 cm (9 x 5 in.) loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Steam the pumpkin, or cook it in just a little boiling water, for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain thoroughly, then mash with a potato masher until smooth. Add 6 tablespoons honey and the sultanas and beat well.
- Sift both flours and the allspice into a large bowl. Rub the margarine in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the spiced pumpkin mixture and beat well with a wooden spoon until evenly mixed. Tip the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the loaf is golden-brown and firm to the touch.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. Gently brush with the remaining honey while still warm.
Nutrients per slice: 261 calories, 4 g protein, 11 g total fat (2 g saturated fat), 37 g carbohydrates (20 g sugar), 3 g fibre, 0 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium.
The Only Spiced Pumpkin Bread You Need In Your Life This Fall, Source:https://www.besthealthmag.ca/best-eats/recipes/spiced-pumpkin-tea-bread/