Mask up! Here's everything you need for a creepy-fun (and safe) Halloween.
Goblins and ghosts, superheroes and… social distancing? Halloween is bound to look different this year, thanks to the pandemic, but we can still keep some of our most hallowed haunted traditions alive. And hey, it's the perfect time to wear a mask! Read on for the 2020 updates, funniest-scariest costumes, spookiest decorations, scary-tasty candy, fascinating facts, and the thrilling-chilling entertainment you need to get into the Halloween spirit.
If you're not already following us on social media, this is a great time to engage on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Let us know how you're celebrating Halloween this year.
On This Page
Halloween Updates for 2020
Whether trick-or-treating is happening on All Hallows Eve this year or not, the holiday will not be canceled. A full moon, a blue moon, and Saturday celebrations mean the fun, the fright, and the delight of Halloween is as strong as ever. Here's what to expect on Halloween 2020.
Fascinating Halloween History and Facts
Halloween in America may seem like a day to indulge the darker, creepier side of life and eat loads of candy, but this holiday has serious religious and cultural origins dating back more than 2,000 years. Before you deck your halls in black and orange, read on to reveal the history and mystery behind the frightful fun.
The Funniest, Scariest, Most Popular Costumes
Whether you go for the ghoul as a skeleton or zombie, glitz it up as a rock star or royalty, masquerade as your favorite evil villain, or just throw on a sheet and call it a day, we've got the scoop on the most clever, creative, wallet-friendly costumes for every grown-up and child, couple, cat, and dog.
The Spookiest Decorations
Build your best-ever haunted house with skeletons, skulls, tombstones, and other spooktacular decorations for every style and budget. Prepare to scare!
The Best Halloween Candy and Fare
At least half the fun of Halloween for kids is that once-a-year permission to indulge in pounds of junk food. Even if trick-or-treating is off the table for your family this year, you can still make the season's candy dreams come true for all good little witches and wizards (big ones, too).
Set the stage for spooky with hair-raising horror movies and books, party games that put trick-or-treating to shame, "humerus" skeleton puns, riddles, jokes, and more. You'll be laughing till you're coffin! (Get it?)
- Halloween Movies That Will Scare You Senseless—With slashers, seances, and zombies galore, these are the best fright flicks for a scary night in.
- The Best Kids' Halloween Movies—Scare up some Halloween fun with these spooky family favorites. (Don't worry, they're only faux frights.)
- Halloween Party Games to Get You in the Spooky Spirit—With a blindfold, balloons, apples, and other household items you can play 25 silly, funny Halloween games.
- 50 Corny Halloween Jokes—Why are ghosts so bad at lying? Because you can see right through them!
- Halloween Puns That'll Have You Laughing Till You're Coffin—Spooky season doesn't have to be all boos and scares. Sometimes you just want to have a gourd time.
- Skeleton Puns You Can't Help But Find 'Humerus'—Enjoy a trip to the groan-yard with these clever Halloween skele-puns.
- Scary Good Halloween Riddles—When is it bad luck to see a black cat? When you're a mouse!
- Can You Find the Cat Hidden in This Photo of Bats?—What's hiding in the shadows here. Is it a ghost? A goblin? Or a black cat?
- Spooky, Silly Halloween Books for Kids—Little monsters everywhere will delight in these kooky-spooky, not-too-scary tales.
The Ultimate Guide to Halloween 2020, Source:https://www.rd.com/article/guide-to-halloween-2020/